University Moving and Storage is a supplier of moving, storage and distribution services to household, corporate and government clientele since 1969. We provide these services for customers moving locally, intrastate, interstate and internationally. Headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI with offices in Grand Rapids, MI; Cincinnati, OH and Indianapolis, IN, University has consistently ranked as a top-5 affiliate of North American Van Lines, an industry leader worldwide. We are proud to be a woman owned business since 1986.
University Moving and Storage is a multiple recipient of the Customer Choice Quality Award, North American's highest honor. The award is given to those agents for their excellent performance based on customer's perceptions of services received during their relocation. A Quality Index is used to measure the moving company's performance in many areas, including the sales, moving and delivery processes. Survey questions cover specific performance based on an agent's role in the moving process: Origina, Hauling, Booking and Overall.
University Moving and Storage is a globally recognized diversity supplier that holds a certification from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and has consistently been recognized by Crain’s Detroit “Top 25 Woman Owned Business in Michigan”. We offer the option to earn Tier 1 or Tier 2 diversity spending credit towards your Diversity Program goals.
WBENC certification for women-owned businesses is one of the most widely recognized and respected certifications in the world and is accepted by over 700 major corporations and a number of federal and government agencies. The certification and annual re-certification process assures that “Standards and Procedures are met and followed on a consistent, continual basis" as set forth by the WBENC.
- Women’s Business Enterprise – Certification Number 236911
- RIM (Registered International Mover)
- Global Mobility Specialist
- Certified Moving Consultant
- Hazmat Certified with the U.S. Department of Transportation
- Crain’s Detroit Business, Top 20 Woman Owned Business
- Working Woman Magazine, Top 500 Woman Owned Business
- North American Van Lines Award Recipients
- Commitment to Excellence
- Customer Choice Quality Awards
- Top Quality Agent
- International Circle of Excellence
- Ambassador International Winners
- Safety 1st in Class
- Quality through Safety
- Sales Manager of the Year
- Vanguard Driver (elite driver ranking)
- American Moving and Storage Association Award Recipient
- Driver’s Lifetime Achievement
- Super Van Operator of the Year
- Future “50” of Detroit
Why Use University Moving and Storage?
- Award Winning Quality and Customer Satisfaction
- Unique and Desired Value Added Benefits through One Supplier with a Single Point of Contact
- Certified Diversity Supplier (WBE) – Tier 1 and Tier 2 Credits
- Global Supplier Network
- Decades of experience in all facets of our organization
- 100% Certified Crews
- Top-5 North American Van Lines agent
- Industry-leading move tracking and reporting system
- Constantly measure performance indicators